Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Grilled Chicken and Asparagus Pasta

Last night I grilled up a bunch of asparagus and chicken breasts. The kids turned up their noses. What?! So today I disguised the same food as this pasta dish, and what do you know...the kids ate it up! Since I was creating this as I went, I didn't get any exact measurements, but this is *about* what it was. :)

On a scale of 1 (uck) to 5 (awesome-ness!) I would rate this dish a 4! A bit bland, but that could easily be rectified!

Grilled Chicken and Asparagus Pasta
6 spears cooked asparagus, cut into bite-size peices
2 chicken breasts, cubed
1 lb or so of pasta
1 c. chicken stock
sprinkle of garlic pepper
sprinkle of thyme
a few sprinkles of dried onions
1/3 c. sour cream
1/2 c. parmesan cheese
1/4 c. pine nuts

1) Cook pasta according to directions.
2) In a pan, heat chicken stock and seasonings over medium high. When bubbling, add chicken and asparagus to heat through.
3) In a large bowl, dump chicken mixture. Add sour cream and mix.
4) Toss in pasta.
5) Add parm cheese and mix thoroughly.
6) Top with pine nuts.

No comments:

Post a Comment