Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Baked Flan


Yesterday I posted on Facebook, "My flan is wiggly" and I was surprised at how many people responded not knowing what flan was. What is flan? What is flan?!?! Only the most delightful dessert ever! Here is the recipe I use over at allrecipes.com (which as I've said, is my cooking Bible).

It is succulent, it is wonderful, and it is smooth and creamy, and it is probably like 200 calories per spoonful. You'll see why when you see the ingredients. But it is WELL worth ruining your diet for.

My experience is that it takes longer than the 50-60 minutes to cook. I make mine in a loaf pan, and it took me about 90 minutes. It probably would have been okay at 80 minutes. Just keep checking it. A bit of 'wiggle' is okay, as it will set up more in the fridge.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment