Monday, February 15, 2010

T-Shirt Dress


I have gotten back into sewing lately, and have been totally inspired by other people's blogs to find fun and simple sewing project. I saw this dress tutorial at The Cottage Home and just had to try it for Tabby!

I took one of Tabby's 'play' shirts and fancied it up. I altered Lindsay's idea slightly, making a ribbon belt (mine doesn't tie in the back) and using premade trim. I knew Tabby would love the pom-pom finish, as it is fancy, and Tabby loves anything that is even remotely fancy! (Her personal hero is Fancy Nancy.)

I love the way the dress turned out, and it was SO easy and fast to make. I have material to make another one out of a little scotty dog t-shirt, so stay tuned for pics of that one later!

1 comment:

  1. That is SO adorable. It looks like Tabby thinks she's super fancy. You have been inspiring me to do some sewing. We should see what I end up stitching up.

    ReplyDelete