Saturday, February 13, 2010

When Life Gives You Crumbs...

I had grand plans this morning, and got up and immediately started baking. I'd gotten zucchini in my Full Circle Farms box this week, and my kids won't eat it unless I totally disguise it.

So, I decided to make some Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread. I mean, come on, tomorrow is Valentines Day, and what girl doesn't want some chocolate for Valentines Day?!

The house smelled amazing as the bread baked. I was so excited because I was going to give one loaf to a friend whose daughter turns 8 tomorrow.

When I took the bread out of the pan, however... well... a substancial amount stuck to the bottom. It had been quite some time since I'd made this recipe, and I'd forgotten that unfortunate part.

Being married to a Marine for 6 year taught me something though (well, it taught me lots of things, but that's a whole seperate blog). Improvise, adapt, and overcome!

So, I cut off the bottom of the bread to make it pretty and flat, and the left over crumbs and bottom of the bread? We'll be getting some ice cream tonight and using it as toppings.

As for the loaf for my friend's daughter, I made a homemade heart template with some extra cardstock I had, and decorated it with some powdered sugar. I hope she likes it!

No comments:

Post a Comment