Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Tantilizing Tuesday - Fruit Soup


I have been wanting to try this recipe ever since I read about it on the blog, Just Another Day in Paradise (which is totally awesome all-around, by the way). Anyhow, I got the ingredients for it yesterday when it was still hot and summery, but made it today when it has overnight turned rainy and fall. I think this would likely be a far better summer soup, but it was still pretty darn amazing.

On a scale of 1 (uck) to 5 (awesome-ness!) I would rate this dish a 4.5. I was expecting the 'broth' to a bit thicker, but the taste was really refreshing. My kids are taking some to Mima's house tomorrow to have for breakfast, and I plan to have some as well. Quite nummy, and healthy as well!

Fruit Soup
1 1/2 c. water
1/3 c. sugar
5 T. minute tapioca
9 oz frozen orange juice concentrate
3 c. water
5 oz. frozen blueberries
5 oz. frozen blackberries
3 c. sliced strawberries
4 large oranges, sectioned (if you, like me don't know how to secion an orange, check out this tutorial... it was actually lots easier than it looks!
3 bananas, sliced

1) Combine 1.5 c. water, sugar, and tapioca and heat over medium high. Bring to a boil and, stirring constantly, cook until thick and opaque.

2) In a large bowl, mix OJ concentrate, remaining 3 c. of water, and warm tapioca mixture. Whisk well. Add berries and oranges.

3) Chill until ready to serve. Add bananas right before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment