Monday, January 17, 2011

Squooshed Planter


I love, love, loved these banged up little planters over at Family Chic (which, by the way is one of the best blogs EVER). Plus, what better way to get out your aggressions than beating up things with hammers?!

I however, have a black thumb, so I opted for silk flowers from the Dollar Tree. Loving the bulbs better, but since I can't kill silk flowers, I'll be content with these.

Several nights ago I took my hammer to a can we'd used that night for dinner (black beans, in case you were curious). It was quite fun actually! I applied a few coats of purple paint that I'd gotten for free from some sort of online promotion months ago, and waited patiently for it to dry.






Tonight I added silk flowers and set it down with the rest of my entryway decor. Ta-da! Happiness in a beat up can for only $2. Now, can you really beat that?

No comments:

Post a Comment