Sunday, September 19, 2010

Scrappin' Saturday - Chore Charts

I have managed to make it 3 "Scrappin' Saturdays" without a single scrapbook page getting done. Or started for that matter. I haven't even picked out pictures or drawn up a layout!

But what I did do this Saturday was to make the chore chart/system that I saw over at Making the World Cuter. I've been wanting to do this up for about 3 months now, and have even had the stuff sitting around to do it. But just haven't gotten around to it. So I made up my chart (8 chores per kid - the ? is their cue to ask Mommy for their special daily chore like cleaning up the living room, helping change the guinea pig's cage, etc). They chose today to hang it in the hallway near their bedrooms.



I've got their little envelopes, bags, etc for them to give (10% to tithing), save (20% for when they are 'big kids'), and spend. Tabby already is planning to save her 'spend' money for her birthday. What she plans to do with it then, I'm not sure. But that's her plan.



I also went to Doodelbugs scrapbooking store in Sequim for the first time today. I picked up a few pieces of paper to make invites to a Halloween party for the kiddos, plus kits to make these cute little boxes. They hold Hershey's nuggets, but I think I'll figure out something different to put in for the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment